Categories

Categories

Additional Information

Additional Information

Account Navigation

Account Navigation

Currency - All prices are in AUD

Currency - All prices are in AUD
 Loading... Please wait...
FindMeThatWine

Categories

Categories

Navarra

Located in what the world has come to know as the "Basque" region of Spain, Navarra is rich in geographical diversity and history. Navarra is the name of both the autonomous region in northern Spain, and the very specifically limited wine zone of Navarra—today one of Spain’s most exciting quality wine regions. With its special location between Rioja and Bordeaux, it draws expertise and inspiration from both of these regions while retaining its own individual wine style. The Navarra Denominación de Origen (D.O) allows 14 grape varieties. Navarra has considerable plantings of the major French varietals—Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc—however, indigenous varietals dominate – with 70% of all plantings. The region is famous for growing the classic grapes of Northern Spain—tempranillo and garnacha (grenache)—each having their native roots in Spain. Red and Rosé make up 95% of the wine produced in Navarra, while white wine makes up the other 5%.